Our school meals follow a healthy-eating policy.
Our meals are produced freshly every day in a school kitchen from only:
- fresh meat and poultry sourced from the region;
- fruit and vegetables sourced regionally where possible using local suppliers;
- products free from additives associated with health problems in young children;
- fats free from hydrogenated oils; with
- menus that are nutritionally balanced
Please click on the link below to download or save the School Meals Menu
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to children whose parents are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- income support
- income-based job seeker’s allowance
- income-related employment and support allowance
- child tax credit with an income of less than £16,190 and not in receipt of working tax credit
- support under part VI of the immigration and asylum act 1999
- guarantee element of state pension credit.
Where parents are entitled to working tax credit during a four week “run on” period immediately after their employment has ceased, or after they have started to work less than 16 hours per week, their children are entitled to free school meals.
Children who receive income support or income based jobseeker’s allowance in their own right are also entitled to free school meals.
Should you meet the above criteria, you can apply by using the application form in the useful downloads section.
Applications are usually processed the same day. If your child is entitled to free school meals you will receive a letter confirming the date when the meals will start. The school is also notified that your child is entitled to free school meals. In the meantime, you should continue to pay for free school meals until confirmation comes through. Schools may be able to arrange a reimbursement of any monies paid whilst your entitlement is being confirmed.
If you are not entitled to free school meals you will be notified in writing.
Further Information provided by North Yorkshire County Council
Milk For All Children
When your child turns 5 or if they are already over 5, you have the option to pay for their milk. We have made arrangements with the UK’s leading school milk supplier, Cool Milk, to supply milk at a subsidised cost of just 22p per day.
What you need to do:
- Visit www.coolmilk.com as soon as possible and select “Register your child for milk here”, then follow the on-screen instructions to register and pay
- Ask the school office for a registration form – send your completed form to Cool Milk, and they will send you a payment request.
- If your child is over 5 and entitled to benefit-based free school meals, school shall be funding their milk
A portion of fresh, chilled milk at mid-morning break provides protein, calcium and other vital nutrients, important for your child’s growth and development. It’s also a great way to bridge the gap between breakfast and lunch, re-hydrating your child and helping them to concentrate in class.
Should you have any queries regarding your child’s registration or milk supply in general, please do not hesitate to contact Cool Milk directly at email@example.com or call 0844 854 2913.